1 a decrease of transmitted power in a mechanical system caused by slipping
2 decline from a standard level of performance or achievement
3 failing to hold or slipping out of place; "the knots allowed no slippage"
- The act of slipping, especially from a secure location.
- The amount something has slipped.
- A lessening of performance or achievement.
- A decrease in motion, or in the power of a mechanical system due to slipping.
- The difference between estimated and actual transaction costs.
Slippage is any undesired movement.
Slippage can also refer to:
avalanche, coast, comedown, debasement, decadence, decadency, declension, declination, decline, deformation, degeneracy, degenerateness, degeneration, degradation, demotion, depravation, depravedness, depreciation, derogation, descent, deterioration, devolution, downtrend, downturn, downward mobility, downward trend, drop, dying, ebb, effeteness, fading, failing, failure, failure of nerve, fall, falling-off, glide, glissade, glissando, involution, landslide, landslip, lapse, loss of tone, regression, retrocession, retrogradation, retrogression, sideslip, skid, slide, slip, slither, slump, snowslide, snowslip, subsidence, wane